jueves, 9 de enero de 2020

BORN AGAIN


Jesus is very clear when he says that a Christian must be born again if he wants to see the kingdom of God. 
"Jesus answered and said to him," Truly, truly, I say to you, he who is not born again cannot see the kingdom of God ... Truly, truly, I say to you, he who is not born of water and the Spirit, You cannot enter the kingdom of God. What is born of the flesh is flesh; and what is born of the Spirit is spirit. ” John 3: 3-6.    
It is obvious that God is not talking about being born again physically. He is talking about a new yearning - a spiritual transformation.  
Why is it necessary to be born again?
Before being born again I am guided by my own human inclinations, also called the desires of the flesh. Generally these inclinations guide my thoughts and decisions. But the desires of the flesh do not lead to a life in Christ, to which I am called. Giving in to desires such as: pride, laziness, greed, envy, selfishness and many others, lead to sin. Jesus describes the mentality of those who have not been born again in this way: “Because you say: I am rich, and I have enriched myself, and I need nothing; and you do not know that you are a hapless, miserable, poor, blind and naked. ” Revelation 3:17.     
It is until I recognize that it is I who describe in this verse that I am at the point where I can be born again "of water and of the Spirit." Nothing that is born of the flesh, as a natural person, can serve God. When I recognize that I am not able to do good, then God can take over. I need to deliver absolutely everything in order to be born of the Spirit - it is a birth in the mind and in the heart. I consider myself dead to the desires of the flesh and alive to the impulses of the Spirit.      
“With Christ I am crucified together, and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me; and what I now live in the flesh, I live in the faith of the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. ” Galatians 5:20. 
Of course, I still have a flesh that wishes to satisfy his desires, but now these desires are defeated and have no more power over me, for now I am alive according to what the Spirit guides , which is the truth. My "old man," as Paul calls the mentality of those who have not been born again, must remain crucified with Christ and the new life to which I was born is the life of Christ. The life of Jesus is manifested in my mortal flesh (2 Corinthians 4:11). It is precisely because I was born of the Spirit, and the Spirit lives in me, that I have the power to resist temptation, and also remain crucified to the desires of the flesh and live for Christ. (Romans 15:13).             
A new yearning
The whole chapter of Colossians 3 is a good description of a Christian who has been born again, starting with this: “If, then, you have risen with Christ, look for the things above, where Christ is sitting at the right hand of God. Set your mind on the things above, not on those on earth. Because you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, your life, is manifested, then you will also be manifested with him in glory. ”Colossians 3: 1-4.       
I know that I have been born again when in my heart I do not want anything from this earth, but that I only have a desire to serve God and let Him have control in my life; a yearning to live for eternity instead of anything else in this world; a yearning like Jesus of "My will not be done, but yours." Luke 22:42.   
It is up to which I am willing to leave my own strength, my own pride, my foolishness and my human ability that I can follow the guidance of the Spirit and that God can do His will. There I find that by the power of the Spirit, everything is possible; I can move mountains in my life and what I thought was impossible, victory over sin, becomes possible. I am being transformed; I am a new creation, and I let God form and mold me according to the person He wants me to be.      
Seeing the kingdom of God
Now I see the kingdom of God. My eyes open to see beyond earthly things; I can see what really has value. With the kingdom of God comes all that is really good, both in this world and in eternity. Therefore, seeking the kingdom of God is the most profitable thing a man can do.  
"That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you a spirit of wisdom and revelation in his knowledge, enlightening the eyes of your understanding, that you may know what is the hope that he has called you, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, and which the super-eminent greatness of his power to us who we believe, according to the operation of the power of his strength. ” Ephesians 1: 17-19.   

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

Entrada destacada

LA LUCHA CONTRA LAS OBRAS DE LA CARNE: LASCIVIA

  Por Víctor Pérez D.   La lucha contra las obras de la carne, en particular la lascivia, es un tema de gran profundidad y relevancia en el ...